The Suck Less JOB SEARCH BLOG
When the job boards don't work and the waiting game sucks what do you do?
Here is my list of Job Search Tips to drive offers NOW!
1) Validate YOU! If you don't know what makes you unique you are in trouble. The foundation of your search is your unique value in the market it and who wants it. Identifying your unique value shouldn't be a feeling. It should be based on real testing, data.
2) Know which companies want you. Don't wait for job leads...that will lead to a protracted job search. Instead, identify companies that are experiencing a pain you can solve (this is a way to Identify and validate your unique value/brand).
3) Tap your network the RIGHT way. Over 60% of the successful job seekers I work with uncovered their next job through their hidden network, CONNECTORS. See this post for the success formula: http://www.sucklessjobsearch.com/the-suck-less-job-search-blog/now-not-like-later-right-now
4) Focus on Job Search Math: The more decision makers that know you + feel a NEED for you = the better the job and the faster it comes. You need to add Connectors, Influencers and Decision Makers to your network every day. Companies like to hire the people they know. There are loads of strategies here. You can schedule a chat with me if you want to start breaking out a job search math solution that works for you.
5) No Waiting! Waiting sinks a successful job search. There is always something cooking, another lead or another interview...then you find yourself months later with no offers. Fight it! Put a fine point on it...http://www.sucklessjobsearch.com/the-suck-less-job-search-blog/waiting-is-not-a-job-search-strategy
Nice candidates don't get hired. Need candidates do get hired. Are you NICE to have or are you a NEED to have? This question will drive your job search success. You will constantly try to amplify your value to be NEEDED by specific companies.